Northern Plains Trucking Seasonal Frac Heater Operator, non-CDL
Northern Plains Trucking (NPT) is an oilfield services company serving the oilfields of Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. Located in Greeley, Colorado, NPT was founded in 1997 and was acquired by Complete Production Services in February of 2008. With the acquisition by Superior Energy Services, NPT is now part of one of the largest oilfield service companies in the world.
Northern Plains Trucking is seeking non-CDL Seasonal Frac Heater Operators to join our team. We are hiring for day and night positions, day position starting at $19/20 hour and night position starting at $21/22 hour.
Under the supervision of the manager/supervisor, the Frac Heater Operator operates a frac heater unit equipped with a burner for heating fluids. All duties of the Frac Heater Operator are to be performed according to the safe operating standards handbook, in order to maximize the safety of personnel at the work site, and to efficiently perform all tasks. The Frac Heater Operator must complete all paperwork including vehicle inspection reports (per DOT Regulations) and have some knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier DOT Regulations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres to company policies and work requirements.
- Operating burners for heating fluids, using controls such as levers, pedals and buttons.
- Observing equipment gauges, indicators, and hand signals to monitor job activities and conditions.
- Carrying and laying out hoses from the truck to the manifold.
- Assure that frac heater is maintained and in good working condition. Immediately report any problems to supervisor and perform minor repairs as necessary. An understanding of basic maintenance concepts is required to repair, maintain, and adjust equipment, often using hand tools.
- Assure that required paperwork is completed accurately and forwarded to supervisor daily.
- Must complete Vehicle Inspection Report daily and forward to supervisor at the end of the day (per DOT regulations).
- Responsible for conducting all field activities safely and accurately. Responsible for operating and maintaining company equipment properly.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Dependable attendance, no unauthorized absences.
- Follow safe work and good housekeeping practices.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- Helping teammates on location to set up and tear down as needed.
- Ability to utilize and maintain electronic records.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Physical ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions. Ability to perform simple math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple calculations).
- Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with this position.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
- May be required to drive in severe driving conditions.
- Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT rules and regulations as required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes: overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please apply below.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.